Paul is a clinical psychologist working/consulting at Oxford online on Tuesdays.
Paul is an accredited, HCPC-registered clinical psychologist who has been working in mental health since 2005. He uses a cognitive behaviour therapy approach to provide evidence-based treatment for psychological problems, principally eating disorders.
Paul has extensive experience working with eating disorders and is trained in many of the leading treatments, including CBT-E. He has worked with both inpatients and outpatients and has also supervised other clinicians providing these treatments.
In addition to eating disorders, his areas of interest also include anxiety-based conditions such as obsessive-compulsive disorder, panic disorder, and phobias.
Paul studied Psychology at the University of Warwick prior to postgraduate studies at the Universities of Birmingham and Southampton. In addition to working with Oxford CBT, Paul is a lecturer in clinical psychology at the University of Reading.
Clinician Responsibilities of Paul Jenkins
- Panic Attacks/Disorders – Adults
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) – Adults
- Specific Phobias / Driving Phobias / Agoraphobia – Adults
- Eating Disorders (Anorexia) – Adults
- Eating Disorders (Bulimia) – Adults
- Overeating/Binge eating – Adults
- Body Image difficulties – Adults
Qualifications of Paul Jenkins
- BSc (Hons)
What Started Paul Jenkins On The Path Of Becoming a CB Therapist
- Having trained as a clinical psychologist, Paul began to specialise in CBT-based treatments and their adaptations to the treatment of disordered eating. He has used CBT throughout his career and has seen how it can help people of all ages, genders, ethnicities, and backgrounds.
Memberships of Paul Jenkins
- British Association for Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP)
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) Registered
- Paul officiates lacrosse in his spare time.