Katharine is an experienced Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist providing Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) in Oxford. Experienced in working with the NHS and receiving specialist CBT training at the University of Oxford, Katherine provides professional guidance for adults and children to help liberate mental well-being.
She offers both face-to-face and remote appointments (currently working Fridays and Monday mornings).
Katharine’s journey to becoming a Psychotherapist started when she was younger and began volunteering to work with people who had acquired head injuries at Headway and then went on to help people with mental health problems at Oxfordshire Mind. Although Katharine was helping, she wanted to do more and become a qualified therapist to be able to help people make positive changes in their lives.
Katharine is a long-standing member of the team at Oxford CBT. After completing her psychology degree, she had specialist CBT training at the University of Oxford. Initially working in the NHS, Katharine now devotes her time to the service helping people to overcome a wide range of difficulties including anxiety, depression, and sleep difficulties. Besides traditional CBT, Katharine is passionate about Mindfulness techniques and Compassion-focused CBT approaches.
Katharine enjoys exploring different cuisines and likes trying out recipes from around the world.
- Excessive Worry/ Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD) – Teens 16+ and Adults
- Social Anxiety – Teens 16+ and Adults
- Panic Attacks/Disorders – Teens 16+ and Adults
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) – Teens 16+ and Adults
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) – Teens 16+ and Adults
- Specific Phobias / Driving Phobias / Agoraphobia – Teens 16+ and Adults
- Low Self-Esteems – Teens 16+ and Adults
- Stress Management – Teens 16+ and Adults
- Unhelpful habits (eg. Self Criticism, perfectionism, procrastination) – Teens 16+ and Adults
- Eating Disorders (Anorexia) – Teens 16+ and Adults
- Eating Disorders (Bulemia) – Teens 16+ and Adults
- Overeating/Binge eating – Teens 16+ and Adults
- Body Image difficulties – Teens 16+ and Adults
- Depression / Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) – Teens 16+ and Adults
- Sleep difficulties/insomnia – Teens 16+ and Adults
- Long Covid, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS), Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME) – Teens 16+ and Adults
- Couples Therapy (including communication training) – Teens 16+ and Adults
- Mindfulness – Teens 16+ and Adults
- Compassion-Focused Therapy – Teens 16+ and Adults