Dave is a Cognitive Behavioural Therapist working/consulting at Oxford face to face and online. Dave is an experienced Cognitive Behavioural Therapist and an Interpersonal Psychotherapist. Dave has experience working with a broad range of problems including anger, anxiety, depression, phobias and eating disorders. He has a warm, collaborative style to help you explore your difficulties and develop helpful strategies to move closer to your goals. He draws on a range of approaches such as Mindfulness, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Compassion focussed therapy and has additional training in Interpersonal Psychotherapy.
Dave’s path to becoming a Psychotherapist started as a University Psychology student when he worked with people with severe and enduring mental health problems. He then completed his Master’s degree in Forensic psychology. Dave subsequently worked in social services supporting people with severe mental illness and learning disabilities to live independently. David went on to work in substance misuse services in London screening and supporting people struggling within the criminal justice system with addictions. David then trained as a CBT group facilitator in 2007 using CBT therapies in forensic services within different departments of the Ministry of Justice. In 2011, whilst CBT training for a further two years at University, Dave worked within the NHS treating a wide range of difficulties using CBT and Interpersonal Psychotherapy.
Dave loves European motorcycling adventures, canoeing and has travelled extensively to soak up different cultures. However, he loves nothing better than quality family time and playtime with his two children. David believes it is a privilege to be able to help people recognise and unlock their true abilities and innate potential. What drives David is a passion to support people to move away from unhelpful thoughts and behaviour and to help them to see they can confidently rely on their own skills, qualities and abilities.
- Excessive Worry/ GAD – Adults
- Social Anxiety – Adults
- Panic Attacks/Panic Disorder – Adults
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) – Adults
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) – Adults
- Specific Phobias/Driving Phobias/Agoraphobia – Adults
- Low Self-Esteem – Adults
- Unhelpful habits (eg. Self Criticism, perfectionism, procrastination) – Adults
- Anger Management – Adults
- Eating Disorders (Anorexia) – Adults
- Eating Disorders (Bullimia) – Adults
- Over eating/Binge eating – Adults
- Body Image difficulties – Adults
- Depression – Adults
- Sleep difficulties/insomnia – Adults
- Physical Health Conditions – Adults