Alice Cochrane is qualified in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT), Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), and Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR). Alice offers face-to-face appointments in our Oxford clinic on Tuesday afternoons and evenings in addition to some availability for remote appointments on weekday evenings.
Alice started her mental health career in Hampshire in 2004 and has worked in both primary and secondary mental health care settings. Alice has been with Oxford CBT since 2015 and is accredited in both Cognitive Behaviour Therapist and Dialectical Behaviour Therapy and trained in Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing (EMDR). Alice has a specialist interest in Third Wave CBT such as Mindfulness and Compassion Focused Therapy. Alice is passionate about improving her client’s well-being, helping them to understand how their difficulties may have developed, recognising what is maintaining them and identifying practical strategies to overcome them. Alice’s goal is to work alongside her clients to enable them to become their own therapists.
Alice ran two marathons in two weeks to raise money for Parkinson’s Disease UK, she will soon be running her fourth and (possibly) final marathon in Berlin. Alice enjoys open water swimming and yoga.
- Excessive Worry or GAD – Adults and teens
- Social Anxiety – Adults and teens
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) – Adults and teens
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) – Adults and teens
- Panic attacks/disorder and Agoraphobia – Adults and teens
- Specific Phobias / Driving Phobias / Agoraphobia – Adults and teens
- Low self-esteem – Adults and teens
- Unhelpful Habits (eg. Self Criticism, perfectionism, procrastination) – Adults and teens
- Body Image Difficulties – Adults and teens
- Depression / SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) – Adults and teens
- Sleep Difficulties / Insomnia – Adults and teens
- Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) also know as Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder (EUPD) – Adults and teens