Dan is a Cognitive Behavioural Therapist working/consulting in Oxford and online.
In 2021 Dan completed a postgraduate diploma in CBT therapy at the Oxford Cognitive Therapy Centre, University of Oxford. He offers both face-to-face and remote appointments with children, teenagers and adults, helping people to overcome a wide range of difficulties including anxiety, depression, panic, post-traumatic stress disorder and obsessive-compulsive disorder (currently working in the Oxford clinic on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays).
After completing an undergraduate degree in Anthropology and Philosophy, Dan went on to obtain his Masters degrees in Primate Conservation, and then Psychology at Oxford Brookes University.
Before joining Oxford CBT Dan worked as a research coordinator and assistant psychologist in the Cognitive Neurology Research Group at the University of Oxford, investigating disorders of motivation, decision making and memory. Dan’s first experience with CBT was during a research study while working at Oxford University. The study used principles and techniques from CBT to help treat apathy in Parkinson’s disease patients. His interest in CBT grew from there.
Over the past few years, he has helped to develop a novel model for the treatment of apathy in Parkinson’s disease.
Dan has also previously worked as a carer and support worker with children and young adults including individuals with a diagnosis of developmental disorders such as autism spectrum disorder and obsessive-compulsive disorder. Along with traditional CBT Dan is passionate about Mindfulness and how these techniques can contribute to increased mental wellbeing.
Dan lives with his wife and two young children and enjoys seeing friends, playing and writing music, sport and snowboarding and spending time in nature.
- Excessive Worry/ GAD – Teens and adults
- Social Anxiety – Teens and adults
- Panic Attacks/Panic Disorder – Teens and adults
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) – Teens and adults
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) – Teens and adults
- Specific Phobias/Driving Phobias/Agoraphobia – Teens and adults
- Low Self-Esteem – Teens and adults
- Stress Management – Teens and adults
- Unhelpful habits (eg. Self Criticism, perfectionism, procrastination) – Teens and adults
- Anger Management – Teens and adults
- Body Image Difficulties – Teens and adults
- Depression/SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) – Teens and adults
- Sleep difficulties/Insomnia – Teens and adults
- Bereavement – Children, teens and adults
- Physical Health Conditions – Children, teens and adults