Alex has joined our team as a trainee cognitive behavioural therapist. She is currently working towards a postgraduate qualification in cognitive behavioural therapy at the University of Oxford. She works with clients experiencing depression, anxiety disorders, phobias, OCD, PTSD and panic disorders.
While completing an MSc in psychology Alex worked as a support worker with children experiencing anxiety and those with developmental disorders. After graduating, Alex went to work as the physical activity and wellbeing facilitator for Oxfordshire Mind. Since 2019 Alex has been working for the NHS as a clinical research assistant in secondary mental health care and then later as a Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner in IAPT where she developed a passion for supporting those experiencing mental health difficulties, using psychoeducation to help them understand their symptoms, what is maintaining them, and supporting them to manage and overcome these symptoms using evidence-based techniques.
Outside of work Alex enjoys walking her dogs Bo and Klea, in the beautiful Oxfordshire countryside, cooking (and eating) exciting dishes and playing Roller Derby, a full contact sport on skates.
- Health Anxiety – Adults
- Social Anxiety/Social Phobia – Adults
- Generalised Anxiety (GAD) and Excessive Worry – Adults
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) – Adults
- Panic Attacks/Panic Disorder – Adults
- Specific Phobia – Adults
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Depression/Low Mood – Adults
- Low Self Esteem/Self Criticism – Adults
- Work Stress/Exam Stress – Adults
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) – Adults
- Perfectionism and Procrastination – Adults
- Self-Harming Behaviours – Adults