Lorraine is an accredited Cognitive behavioural therapist and Counsellor who has been with Oxford CBT since 2017.
Lorraine offers an empathetic, warm and collaborative approach to help clients understand their difficulties and develop strategies to overcome them, ultimately leading to an enhanced sense of wellbeing. She has a particular interest and proficiency in complex presentations using schema-focused CBT which explores “inner world” constructs and the impact this has on people in the here and now. With this understanding, she aims to change long-standing unhelpful patterns of coping and build a more helpful approach to living.
Over the past twelve years, she has worked internationally in a variety of services providing teenagers, university students, adults and older adults with mental health support.
Lorraine has lived and worked in the UK and Asia which has enabled her to travel the world and experience many different cultures. She has a keen interest in local cultures,cuisines and architecture.
As a child, Lorraine was a ballet student at the Royal Academy of Dance. Today, she regularly practises yoga as a way of maintaining physical and mental health.
- Excessive Worry/ GAD – Teens 13+ and Adults
- Social Anxiety – Teens 13+ and Adults
- Panic Attacks/Disorders – Teens 13+ and Adults
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) – Teens 13+ and Adults
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) – Teens 13+ and Adults
- Specific Phobias / Driving Phobias / Agoraphobia – Teens 13+ and Adults
- Low Self-Esteems – Teens 13+ and Adults
- Stress Management – Teens 13+ and Adults
- Unhelpful habits (eg. Self Criticism, perfectionism, procrastination) – Teens 13+ and Adults
- Anger Management – Teens 13+ and Adults
- Overeating/Binge eating – Teens 13+ and Adults
- Body Image difficulties – Teens 13+ and Adults
- Depression / SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) – Teens 13+ and Adults
- Sleep difficulties/insomnia – Teens 13+ and Adults
- Bereavement – Teens 13+ and Adults
- Physical Health Conditions (Chronic Pain) – Teens 13+ and Adults