Alice is qualified as a Cognitive Behavioural Therapist working/consulting at Oxford face to face on Tuesdays.
Alice Cochrane is an accredited Cognitive Behaviour Therapist who started her mental health career in Hampshire in 2004. Alice has worked in both primary and secondary mental health care settings and is qualified in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT), Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR).
Alice is passionate about Third Wave CBT such as Mindfulness and Compassion Focused Therapy. Alice is passionate about improving her client’s wellbeing, helping them to understand how their difficulties may have developed, recognising what is maintaining them and identifying practical strategies to overcome them. Alice’s goal is to work alongside her clients to enable them to become their own therapists.
Clinician Responsibilities of Alice Cochrane
- Excessive Worry or GAD – Adults
- Social anxiety Panic attacks / Panic Disorder – Adults
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) – Adults
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) – Adults
- Specific Phobias / Driving Phobias / Agoraphobia – Adults
- Low self-esteem – Adults
- Unhelpful Habits (eg. Self Criticism, perfectionism, procrastination) – Adults
- Body Image Difficulties – Adults
- Depression / SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) – Adults
- Sleep Difficulties / Insomnia – Adults
- Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) – Adults
- Compassion Focus Therapy – Adults
- EMDR – Adults
- Dialectical behaviour Therapy (DBT) – Adults
Qualifications of Alice Cochrane
- BSc (Hons)
- PGDip CBT
- EMDR Practitioner
- PGDip Mental Health Practitioner Studies
What Started Alice Cochrane On The Path Of Becoming a CB Therapist
- Alice used to work as a Mental Health Practitioner in a Crisis Team as she wanted to be able to help people with something practical instead of just saying soothing words. She loves working in Mental Health and can’t imagine doing any other job. Training as a CBT therapist in 2009 gave her the skills to offer more in depth, evidence based therapy in order to relieve people’s suffering.
Memberships of Alice Cochrane
- British Association for Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP) – Accredited
- Alice played roller derby for eight years. She also did a ski season in Whistler.