Oxford Child Psychology
At Oxford CBT Clinic, we offer specialised Child Therapy services in Oxfordshire, providing expert support for children’s psychological well-being.
Our dedicated team of accredited psychologists is committed to delivering evidence-based treatment tailored to the unique needs of each child.
Child Therapy Oxfordshire
Childhood can present various challenges and struggles that may impact a child’s emotional and behavioural development. Our experienced child psychologists in Oxfordshire are trained to address a wide range of psychological issues, including anxiety, depression, ADHD, trauma, and more. By utilising evidence-based therapeutic techniques, we aim to empower children to overcome their challenges and foster positive growth.
Our child therapy sessions are designed to create a safe and nurturing environment where children can express themselves freely. We understand that each child is unique, and our psychologists take an individualised approach to treatment, tailoring interventions to suit the specific needs and preferences of each child.
Through play-based activities, creative therapies, and evidence-based interventions, we engage children in a therapeutic process that encourages self-expression, emotional regulation, and improved coping skills. Our child psychologists utilise a range of psychological approaches to support children in overcoming difficulties, fostering resilience, and enhancing their overall well-being.
As trusted child psychologists in Oxfordshire, we collaborate closely with parents, caregivers, schools, and other professionals involved in a child’s life. We believe in a holistic approach that considers the child’s environment and supports the development of effective strategies for both the child and their support network.
If you are seeking expert child therapy services in Oxfordshire, look no further than Oxford CBT Clinic. Our compassionate psychologists are dedicated to providing quick and flexible access to evidence-based treatment, helping children navigate challenges and reach their full potential. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and take the first step towards your child’s emotional well-being.
Individual Child Psychology Work in Oxford
Our individualised child psychology work in Oxford offers tailored support to meet each child’s unique needs. Our experienced psychologists utilise evidence-based techniques to address a wide range of psychological issues, helping children develop resilience and thrive emotionally. Contact us for quick and flexible access to expert treatment by accredited therapists.
Understanding Play-Based and Creative Child Psychology in Oxford
Understanding Play-Based and Creative Child Psychology in Oxford Play-based and creative child psychology approaches are designed to foster emotional growth and resilience in children.
By harnessing the power of play and creativity, therapists can create a nurturing environment where children can explore their emotions, develop coping skills, and enhance their overall well-being.
These approaches, offered by experienced therapists, emphasise the importance of play in promoting positive development.
Family Therapy Child Psychology in Oxford
Experienced psychologists specialising in this field focus on fostering positive dynamics and promoting emotional well-being within the family unit.
If you are seeking expert family therapy tailored to your unique needs, reach out to professionals in the field for guidance and support.
Group Child Psychology Work in Oxford
Group child psychology offers a powerful therapeutic experience for children.
Led by expert psychologists, these evidence-based group sessions provide a collaborative setting where children can develop social skills, enhance emotional well-being, and engage in peer interaction.
If you are interested in exploring group therapy options for your child’s growth and development, reach out to professionals in the field for more information and guidance.
Parenting Skills and Strategies
Parenting skills and strategies play a crucial role in nurturing positive parent-child relationships.
By accessing expert support, parents can develop effective skills tailored to their family’s needs. Contact professionals in the field to gain valuable insights and expert assistance in your parenting journey.
Psychology for children, young adults and their families
Psychology services for children, young adults, and their families play a crucial role in addressing various psychological challenges and promoting emotional well-being.
By accessing expert psychology services, families can enhance emotional well-being, strengthen family dynamics, and address a wide range of psychological concerns.
Contact professionals in the field to access personalised and expert support designed to meet your family’s unique needs.
What kind of therapy is used with kids?
Child therapy encompasses a wide range of therapeutic approaches. The choice of therapy depends on the child’s age, personality, and specific challenges. At Oxford CBT, our therapists utilise evidence-based techniques tailored to each child’s needs.
Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) is a commonly used approach that helps children identify and change negative thought patterns and behaviors. Play therapy allows children to express themselves through play, facilitating emotional healing and growth. Family therapy involves the whole family in the treatment process, addressing relational dynamics and fostering a supportive environment.
Through a combination of these and other proven therapeutic modalities, we strive to provide effective and compassionate care to children in need.
Are you ready to give your child the support they deserve? Take the first step by taking our online child therapy assessment to see how child therapy can make a difference. Our team at Oxford CBT is here to guide you and your child on the path to healing and growth.
Common conditions that may affect children and young people
Clinicians who specialize in treating Children
Junior Cognitive Behavioural Therapist
Dr Harvey Tagger
Consultant Clinical Psychologist
Dr Anna Nattrass
Cognitive Behavioural Therapist
Cognitive Behavioural Therapist
Ellie Berthier (nee Slavkova)
Cognitive Behavioural Therapist
Get in touch with us and we will assess your needs and expertly pair you with the right clinician and services to get you on the path to embracing life.
Already have an idea of your condition? Take a self-assessment screening for our clinicians to further evaluate.
What are the 5 types of child psychology?
Child psychology encompasses various approaches and specialties. Here are five types of child psychology commonly recognised:
- Developmental Psychology: Focuses on studying the psychological changes and milestones that occur throughout childhood and adolescence.
- Clinical Child Psychology: Involves the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of mental, emotional, and behavioural disorders in children.
- Educational Psychology: Explores how children learn and develop within educational settings, addressing topics such as learning disabilities and instructional strategies.
- Paediatric Psychology: Concentrates on the psychological aspects of physical health and illness in children, often working in collaboration with medical professionals.
- School Psychology: Involves promoting academic success, social-emotional development, and mental health support within the school environment.
At Oxford CBT Clinic, our experienced child psychologists draw from various perspectives to provide comprehensive support for children’s psychological well-being.
What are the main points of child psychology?
Child psychology focuses on understanding and supporting the psychological development and well-being of children. Here are some key points that encompass child psychology:
- Developmental Milestones: Child psychologists study the typical patterns of physical, cognitive, emotional, and social development that children go through from infancy to adolescence.
- Individual Differences: Child psychologists recognise that each child is unique, with their own personality, strengths, challenges, and developmental trajectory.
- Assessment and Diagnosis: Child psychologists conduct assessments to evaluate a child’s cognitive abilities, emotional functioning, behaviour, and mental health. This process helps in diagnosing any potential developmental or psychological disorders.
- Intervention and Treatment: Child psychologists utilise evidence-based therapeutic interventions to support children’s emotional well-being and address specific concerns or challenges they may be facing.
- Parent and Family Involvement: Child psychologists understand the critical role of parents and families in a child’s development. They often work collaboratively with parents, providing guidance, education, and support to promote positive parenting practices and strengthen family relationships.
- Behavioural and Emotional Regulation: Child psychologists help children develop skills to manage their behaviours, emotions, and social interactions effectively.
- Play and Creative Therapies: Child psychologists often employ play-based and creative techniques to engage children in therapy, as play is a natural mode of communication and expression for children.
- School and Educational Support: Child psychologists collaborate with educators to address learning difficulties, provide interventions, and support academic success.
- Cultural and Contextual Considerations: Child psychologists recognise the influence of cultural, social, and environmental factors on a child’s development and well-being.
- Research and Advocacy: Child psychologists contribute to ongoing research in the field, advocating for the well-being and rights of children and promoting evidence-based practices.
These main points highlight the multidimensional nature of child psychology and its goal of understanding, supporting, and enhancing the lives of children through scientific inquiry and therapeutic interventions.