Olivia is a qualified and accredited cognitive behavioural therapist who has been with Oxford CBT since 2019. Alongside private practice, she works for the NHS as part of the Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) service. Olivia works with a range of psychological presentations including depression, low self-esteem, perfectionism, eating disorders and with anxiety disorders. She has a particular interest in working with medically unexplained symptoms and long-term conditions. Her main therapeutic modality is CBT, but she also incorporates elements of acceptance and commitment therapy, compassion focused therapy and schema focused therapy into her work.
Olivia also has a background in clinical research, investigating disorders of motivation and cognition. Over the past few years, she has been involved in the development of a cognitive and systemic framework for treating pathological apathy in Parkinson’s disease and in developing a CBT/neuroscience platform for those with subjective cognitive impairment.
- BA (Hons), University of York
- MSc Psychology (Conversion), University of St Andrews
- Postgraduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (complex presentations pathway), University of Oxford
- IAPT Certificate in Long Term Conditions & Medically Unexplained Symptoms (High Intensity), University of Exeter
- Accreditation with the British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP)
- Member of the British Psychological Society (BPS)
- Training in Eye Movement Desensitisation & Reprocessing Therapy (EMDR) (in progress)
Disorders Olivia Treats
- Social anxiety
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Specific Phobias
- Low self esteem
- Low mood/depression
- Eating Disorders
Olivia works collaboratively when helping clients understand and tackle their difficulties, utilising practical and personalised solutions. She ensures that therapy is always tailored to the needs of the client and focuses on helping them achieve their therapeutic goals in a warm and compassionate environment.
Outside of the therapy room, Olivia is an avid reader, film fanatic and music lover. She has a keen interest in Spanish literature and cooking Latin American cuisine. She regularly practices yoga and mindfulness.