Dave is a Cognitive Behavioural Therapist working/consulting at Oxford face to face and online.
He is an experienced Cognitive Behavioural Therapist and an Interpersonal Psychotherapist. He has used CBT therapies in forensic services since 2007 within the Ministry of Justice, then, since 2011, within the NHS. Prior to that, he has worked with adults in social services and addictions services in London.
Dave has experience working with a broad range of problems including anger, anxiety, depression, phobias and eating disorders. He has a warm, collaborative style to help you explore your difficulties and develop helpful strategies to move closer to your goals. He draws on a range of approaches such as Mindfulness, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Compassion focussed therapy, and has additional training in Interpersonal Psychotherapy.
Clinician Responsibilities of Dave Blok
- Excessive Worry/ GAD – Adults
- Social Anxiety – Adults
- Panic Attacks/Panic Disorder – Adults
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) – Adults
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) – Adults
- Specific Phobias/Driving Phobias/Agoraphobia – Adults
- Low Self-Esteem – Adults
- Unhelpful habits (eg. Self Criticism, perfectionism, procrastination) – Adults
- Anger Management – Adults
- Eating Disorders (Anorexia) – Adults
- Eating Disorders (Bullimia) – Adults
- Over eating/Binge eating – Adults
- Body Image difficulties – Adults
- Depression – Adults
- Sleep difficulties/insomnia – Adults
- Physical Health Conditions – Adults
Qualifications of Dave Blok
- MSc Forensic Psychology
- PGDip CBT
- PGCert CBT
- BSc Applied Psychology (Hons)
What Started Dave Blok On The Path Of Becoming a CB Therapist
- Dave developed a love of Psychology from finding that it was the only academic subject that really grabbed his attention. Psychology to Dave feels more of a lifelong interest and fascination for people and their motivations rather than a scholarly subject.
Memberships of Dave Blok
- British Association for Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP)
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy UK (IPT-UK)
- Dave loves European motorcycling adventures, canoeing and has travelled extensively to soak up different cultures. However, he loves nothing better than quality family time and play time with his two children.