Bonnie is a Cognitive Behavioural Therapist Trainee working/consulting at Oxford offering online therapy.
Bonnie recently joined the team as a trainee CBT therapist, studying for a Masters in Cognitive Behavioural therapy at Buckingham New University. She has a specialty in supporting individuals struggling with ill mental health due to long term health conditions and has been working closely with the OxCADAT team at Oxford University, delivering a new treatment for Symptoms Social Anxiety. Bonnie is passionate about ensuring therapy is an empowering and meaningful experience, seeing each person as an individual and adapting support to encourage these feelings.
Clinician Responsibilities of Bonnie Williams
- Excessive Worry or GAD – Adults
- Social anxiety – Adults
- Panic attacks / Panic Disorder – Adults
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) – Adults
- Specific Phobias / Driving Phobias / Agoraphobia – Adults
- Stress management – Adults
- Unhelpful Habits (eg. Self Criticism, perfectionism, procrastination) – Adults
- Depression / SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) – Adults
- Sleep Difficulties / Insomnia – Adults
- Physical Health Conditions e.g. Chronic Pain – Adults
- Long Covid, CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) ME (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis) – Adults
Qualifications of Bonnie Williams
- Psychology (BSc Honours) – The University of Nottingham, 2014
- Certificate in Counselling Skills Level 3 – Manchester College, 2016
- Postgraduate Certificate in Advanced Practice Interventions for Mental Health – Primary Mental Health Care – The University of Manchester, 2018
- CPD Program in Long Term Conditions in Primary Mental Health Care – The University of Manchester 2019
- Mental Health First Aider – MHFA England, 2021
- Working towards a BABCP accredited masters in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy – Buckinghamshire New University
What Started Bonnie Williams On The Path Of Becoming a CB Therapist
- After completing her degree in Psychology at The University of Nottingham, Bonnie trained as a teacher before training as a Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner within third sector organisations, where she developed a passion for working with individuals struggling with anxiety disorders.
- When not working, Bonnie spends her time with friends and family, the countryside with her loyal companion Steve the spaniel.