Andreia has over 9 years’ experience working with individuals across the lifespan, in both inpatient and community settings. She has worked with clients with mood disorders, anxiety disorders including PTSD, OCD and BDD, eating disorders such as anorexia nervosa, bulimia and binge eating, personality disorders, sleep disorders and chronic pain. The base of all her interventions is that each individual is unique, therapy is tailored to meet your particular needs using a warm, friendly, collaborative and person-centred approach.
As a child, Andreia was fascinated by human behaviour. Her mother used to describe her as an observer and an intuitive child who seems to captivate people’s difficulties and emotional tensions. Her passion for psychology began long ago, at a time when the human behaviour was beyond her understanding, but within her ambition. Pursuing a career as a Clinical Psychologist became her life’s motivation. Today, after more than six academic years and nine years of professional experience, her passion is deeper and constitutes one of the best things in her life.
Qualifications and Professional Memberships:
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Psychology
- Master of Science (MSc) in Clinical Psychology
- Specialization in Cognitive-Behavioral Therapies (CBT)
- Registered Practitioner Psychologist HCPC (Health & Care Professions Council)
- Chartered Membership (CPsychol) of BPS (The British Psychology Society)
- BABCP (British Association for Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies) Member
- Schema-Focused Therapy (International Society of Schema Therapy (ISST) approved programmes)
- University College London, Division of Medicine – Treatment of Eating Disorders: Training for Mental Health Professionals part of the MSc in Eating Disorders and Clinical Nutrition
- University of Oxford – Centre for Research on Eating Disorders at Oxford (CREDO) – Web-Centred Training in Enhanced CBT (CBT-E) for Eating Disorders & Advanced CBT-E Clinical Workshop
- Treating PTSD with CBT & Complex Trauma, Dissociation & Flashbacks: Clinical Skills Workshops
- DBT Foundational Training Course from British Isles DBT Training