Afandi is qualified as a Cognitive Behavioural Therapist working/consulting at Oxford face to face on Saturdays.
Afandi is joining the Oxford CBT team after a decade of practising CBT within the NHS.
Afandi particularly enjoys supporting people through a range of challenging experiences and conditions. His specialism is in treating anxiety disorders such as worry, panic, social anxiety. Phobias, PTSD and OCD. To help people to overcome these problems he draws on a range of approaches and is able to make the best match between his patients’ needs and the therapeutic approach. Afandi has also offered support to people with severe and long-term mental health issues, helping them to meet their goals.
Clinician Responsibilities of Afandi Mohamed
- Excessive Worry or GAD – Adults
- Social anxiety – Adults
- Panic attack/disorders – Adults
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) – Adults
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) – Adults
- Specific Phobias/Driving Phobias/ Agoraphobia – Adults
- Low self-esteem – Adults
- Unhelpful habits (eg. Self Criticism, perfectionism, procrastination) – Adults
- Depression or Seasonal Anxiety Disorder (SAD) – Adults
Qualifications of Afandi Mohamed
- Master of Science in Organisational Psychology
- Diploma in Counselling
- Post-graduate Diploma in CBT
- Bachelor of Science
What Started Afandi Mohamed On The Path Of Becoming a CB Therapist
- An interest in finding practical ways to help people find solutionsto mental health issues
Memberships of Afandi Mohamed
- British Association for Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP) – Accredited
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy -Registered member
- In his spare time, Afandi enjoys jazz, arts, and psychogeography.