Valentine’s day is right around the corner and if you weren’t aware, weren’t planning to celebrate it, or have some uneasy feelings about it, it might be time to take a closer look at your relationship.
If you experience:
- Limited or strained communication
- Frequent arguing on trivial matters
- Feel scared to speak your mind
- Restrict love and affection as punishment
- Having secrets from your spouse
- Frequent feelings that your spouse is your enemy
You’re demonstrating signs of a lack of or breakdown of trust and affection in your relationship and should consider couples therapy or marriage counselling to approach and work through these issues in a safe and neutral environment. Get in touch if you’d like to enquire.
If you simply feel like you’re losing the chemistry and intimate connection that you used to have for your partner, and you’re worried it won’t ever come back, maybe it’s time to give your love a lift this Valentine’s Day?
Long-term relationships are hard work. Life and all its chaos can easily get in the way and worrying about this is common. Love and attraction are not a steady increase on a graph, in fact, over time, they are bound to peak and dip at different times. Sometimes drifting away is situational and other times we’re just not giving it enough oomph!
Revitalising Your Relationship
There are many ways you can revitalise a relationship and it should have positive results if you’re both eager and willing. From our expert psychologists and therapists, here is some advice:
- Forgive and forget – let go of grudges
- Remember your dreams and ambitions – remember you’re a unit, working together toward the same goals
- Try something new – experiencing and learning new things with a partner can bond us
- Treat yourselves to a makeover – partners can feel resentful when their loved ones give up on appearances so try to always be your best self
- Set aside time to reconnect, no distractions
- Get to know each other all over again – there are lots of cue cards and prompts full of questions for this very purpose!
Make your partner feel special this Valentine’s Day and give the gift of unconditional love!